10/03/2015

CHAPPIE ★ | MOVIE REVIEW



Hey Zengarmy,


Hugh Jackman. Robots. War.
How bad could this golden combination be ?
However, to my surprise,
I've been looking through reviews on various websites
and haven't seen a single positive review, yet.


HOW COULD THIS BE ?!!


《Chappie》, in my opinion,
is a movie that outlines a realistic portrayal of a robot-vs-men generation,
a generation that we could all possibly achieve in the future.
It wouldn't be fair to say that I didn't compare this movie with《Reel Steel》,
because《Reel Steel》is one of the GREAT SUCCESS among the robot-vs-men movies.


In comparison,
I must say that each movie has its advantages,
and you CAN'T REALLY COMPARE BOTH MOVIES.
( and《Big Hero 6》TOO !!! )
However,
I would personally prefer《Chappie》,
just because it opens up a new dimension for me,
which is more than the typical "father+son+robot" storyline in《Reel Steel》.


If there's anything I could criticize about《Chappie》,
it's that some middle parts of the movie are boring me a little bit, soz.
Fortunately, the boring parts are just a few needles in a haystack.
I love how the director sets up Chappie's character to be a "baby robot",
 which is stolen and given new programming,
and he becomes the first robot who possesses consciousness
and the ability to think and feel for himself.
Furthermore, the relationship between the "Mommy" Yolandi & Chappie
is one of my favorite parts of the movie too, especially the "bedtime story" part.


(Oopsie. Movie spoiler.)


Although the acting skills of a few actors other than Hugh Jackman is quite lousy,
I still love the way the storyline developed till the end of the movie,
where Chappie will constantly question about the cruelty of mankind.
This serves as an irony for the ignorance, greediness & violence of mankind.



There're a few lines in this movie
that gave me goosebumps :


Chappie: I'm consciousness. I'm alive. I'm Chappie.

 Psychologist: People are always fearful of something they don't understand.

 Deon: Don't let people take away your potential Chappie.

 Chappie: I don't want to die. I want to live.

Ninja: If you want survive Chappie, you must fight!

 Deon: You've taught us so much more than I can ever have imagined.

 Vincent: The problem with artificial intelligence is it's way too unpredictable.

 Deon: Remember. No matter what happens. You are made for good.

 Yolandi: You know what's a black sheep?
Chappie: No.

Yolandi: It's like when you're different than everyone else.

 Yolandi: It's more than just a machine!

 Chappie: You lied to me!

 Deon: He's the key to the revolution. 
A machine that can feel and think. 
He can outsmart the enemy and free us all.

 Chappie: I can save us.

 Deon: Chappie cannot die! He's too important!

 Chappie: I just want to live.

 Yolandi: [Hugging Chappie] Mommy loves you!

 Chappie: Mommy, now we can all be black sheeps.








Watching from Chappie's robot eyes.




The "bedtime story" scene that I mentioned earlier,
which nearly made me cried !!!
( I can literally rewatch this scene for a good old 5 million times )




Even robots can be emo too. mwahahahahaha!!!

Surprisingly, Hugh Jackman plays a villain role in this movie,
AND HE'S DONE A PRETTY GOD JOB !!!
( which makes me wanna punch at his face for being so despicable )








I was genuinely very impressed by the idea of
transferring consciousness from human to robots,
AND EVEN FROM ROBOTS TO ROBOTS !!!
( which means that human soul can be transferred into a robot's body )


Okay. I spoiled too much. I shall probably STAHHPPP !!!


I ENJOYED THIS MOVIE.
AND I WILL GIVE IT A 7.7 OUT OF 10 MARKS 


When I was watching this movie,
there's one thought that keep popped out of my mind :

" Robots are not violent.
If robots are violent, then
it's human who've created violence."


Yay or nay ?




Till next time, Zengarmy.

Remember to stay fierce as always !!!
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ *:- ✧







 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png