17/03/2015

STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET ...




Hey Zengarmy,


So, as you can see from the title ...
I DID SOMETHING FOOLISH AGAIN !!!


Here's the full story :

Since I started blogging & making YouTube videos,
I get a lot of questions from my friends and family,
& even questions from strangers whom I don't know,
where most of the questions are :
" How to create a blog like yours hah ? "
" Which photo/video editor did you use hah ? "


and the scariest question is :
" Can you give me your WeChat ? "


Okay.
I'm NOT trying to be rude here but ...
WTF ?!!!


Don't you find yourself VERY STRANGE to go & ask for a stranger's phone number ?
( If you don't already know, there's something called E-MAIL ... kay ? )
Having said that, although I'm usually quite careful on the Internet,
I made a mistake recently where I accidentally gave a stranger my phone number,
BECAUSE I STUPIDLY MISRECOGNIZED THAT PERSON
AS MY COUSIN !!!







And the funniest part is :
It was only a day after the incident that I only realized that
HE'S NOT MY COUSIN !!!


I absolutely freaked out.

But luckily he wasn't a serial killer or something,
and he was younger than me,
and I've added him before on my Facebook,
and he is one of my blog reader too !!! =)
( Thank God. That makes me feeling 1000x times better. )


After this incident,
I pondered a lot.


Is it really "safe" on the Internet ?
What if I met a "psycho" instead of a "blog reader" ?


Out of fear, I consulted my friend, M.
( whom I mentioned in my EARLIER POST. )
I asked her: " If a blog reader asked for your WeChat, will you give him? "
Just as I imagined, she replied in shock.
" WeChat ... ?! "


I answered :
" I wanted to say no, but I don't want to offend people ... "
She continued :

" You can ask him to contact you via email right? "
I nodded.
" If you don't really feel comfortable, JUST SAY NO lah. "
I nodded even harder.


In my childhood,
I was told that I should do anything & everything I can
to accomplish other people's (especially elders') requests,
BUT what M told me today made me feel completely agree.


If you don't like something,
LEAVE IT, THAT'S ALL.


Although it's just that simple,
I spent over a decade's time trying to learn how to REJECT people.
Even now, I'm still learning,
learning the fact that :
YOU CAN'T BE A PEOPLE-PLEASER FOREVER.







That's all for today =)
Leave your comments below
if you've experienced something quirky like THIS before !!
( so that I can know that I'm not the only one hahahaha )

Till next time, Zengarmy.








 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png